Innovation Co-op (Fall 2022 Semester - August Start)
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are a student looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Dayton, OH location at our Helix Innovation Center, you will work closely with a project lead and team throughout the semester.
AS AN INNOVATION CO-OP, YOU WILL:
- Identify customer pain points and industry trends
- Build out business cases and support research for innovation projects and emerging solutions
- Build a deep understanding of the stakeholders, technology, and environment of the project
- Conduct interviews and meetings with customers
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, technicians, subject matter experts and business leaders
WHO YOU ARE:
You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You prepare content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Design, Entrepreneurship, Sustainability, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related field
- Ability to work potentially 40 hours per week during the scheduled semester
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Design, Entrepreneurship, Sustainability, Social Sciences, or Business Administration
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Sophomore or higher class status
- Experience working on interdisciplinary teams
- Comfort in both leadership and followership roles
- Ability to digest complex problems and translate them into clear decisions based on priorities
- Enjoys learning fast and has fun exploring BIG questions