Community Engagement Director for Sofia on Campus
Sofia on Campus is a college based program dedicated to making health & wellness resources accessible and exciting for students. We believe in the concept of holistic health and prioritizing personal wellness before anything else. As a nationwide program, we are sharing our mission of wellness to communities all over, and are looking for individuals who can help others become the best version of themselves.
Are you a young community engagement enthusiast who is looking for a place to start a career?
Sofia on Campus is presenting you with an open position as a Community Engagement Director! We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our engagement department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will be responsible for engaging with general members & leaders at different college campuses. This will occur via social media, email campaigns, etc.
Hours are flexible based on availability.
A commitment of approximately 10 hours per week for a minimum of 16 weeks is desired. The position is remote.
Our ideal community engagement intern should know the basics of communication techniques. Creativity and great communication skills are huge advantages. As an intern, you will collaborate with our Sofia on Campus Team throughout all stages of community engagement. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our growth.
You will be working with the Program Manager for the Sofia on Campus program daily and will have weekly meetings and report to the CEO of Sofia Health for feedback and educational sessions. As a new intern, we want to provide you the space to design and develop communication strategies and learn how to lead a team so you are prepared as you enter the workforce. This role will give you the needed opportunity to showcase real metrics that will help you stand out against the competition as you look for your role post-graduation.
Our goal is to help you gain valuable insights to communication strategies, startups, and entrepreneurship. All interns at Sofia Health will have an opportunity to interview for full / part time positions based on company needs, culture, and quality of work performance during the tenure as intern.
**This position is remote and unpaid***
***Position is 6 months minimum***
- Oversee all communication via multiple contact channels
- Responsible for recruiting to ensure continuity among the business development intern team
- Identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- You will design campaigns, execute and test different communication strategies
- Measure the impact of each campaign and develop ways to scale
- Assist in advertising, promotions, and operations of community engagement
- Provide promotional materials and presentations
- Help organize communication strategies
- Daily communication with the Sofia on Campus team
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout the duration of the internship
- Basic knowledge of communication principles and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people, build relationships, and network;
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok…)
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Manage and update company databases and customer relationship management systems (CRM).
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven successful communication plans
- A dedicated hard worker who is able and determined to win
- Creativity, energetic and willing attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Fast learning, hard-working, and motivated personality
Helps to have:
- Knowledge of the health and wellness industry