Events Director for Sofia on Campus
Sofia on Campus is a college based program dedicated to making health & wellness resources accessible and exciting for students. We believe in the concept of holistic health and prioritizing personal wellness before anything else. As a nationwide program, we are sharing our mission of wellness to communities all over, and are looking for individuals who can help others become the best version of themselves.
Are you a young events director enthusiast who is looking for a place to start a career?
Sofia on Campus is presenting you with an open position as an Events Director Intern! We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our events department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will be responsible for creating and managing events at the local program level. You will also coordinate with our local team to discover opportunities for events and ensure successful events to drive growth, get promoted, and recruit new members.
Hours are flexible based on availability. A commitment of approximately 10 hours per week for a minimum of 16 weeks is desired. The position is remote.
Our ideal events director intern should know the basics of event organization techniques. Creativity and great communication skills are huge advantages. As an intern, you will collaborate with our Sofia on Campus Team throughout all stages of event planning. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our growth.
You will be working with the Program Manager for the Sofia on Campus program daily and will have weekly meetings and report to the CEO of Sofia Health for feedback and educational sessions. As a new intern, we want to provide you the space to design and develop event planning strategies and learn how to lead a team so you are prepared as you enter the workforce. This role will give you the needed opportunity to showcase real metrics that will help you stand out against the competition as you look for your role post-graduation.
Our goal is to help you gain valuable insights to event planning strategies, startups, and entrepreneurship. All interns at Sofia Health will have an opportunity to interview for full / part time positions based on company needs, culture, and quality of work performance during the tenure as intern.
**This position is remote and unpaid***
***Position is 6 months minimum***
- Oversee all event planning steps
- Responsible for recruiting to ensure continuity among the business development intern team
- Identify opportunities for growth and optimization via events
- You will design events, execute and test different event strategies
- Measure the impact of each event and develop ways to scale
- Assist in advertising, promotions, and operations of all occurring events
- Provide promotional materials and presentations
- Help organize event strategies to be replicated
- Daily communication with the Sofia on Campus team
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout the duration of the internship
- Basic knowledge of event planning principles and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people, build relationships, and network;
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok…)
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Manage and update company databases and customer relationship management systems (CRM).
- The ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven successful event-centered recruitment plans
- A dedicated hard worker who is able and determined to win
- Creativity, energetic and willing attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Fast learning, hard-working, and motivated personality
Helps to have:
- Knowledge of the health and wellness industry