Marketing Intern for Tutoring Company
Are you looking to learn valuable skills, build your confidence, and improve your resume - all while making a positive impact on society?
WorldWise Tutoring is looking for enthusiastic volunteer marketing interns with a strong desire to build relationships with the community while forwarding WWT's mission of strengthening the achievement of students.
Internships with WWT are a great way to gain experience in social/community services, education, entrepreneurship, and marketing. Join us in spreading awareness and inspiring interest!
WorldWise Tutoring provides personalized and holistic services to students of all ages and all abilities in all subjects. Our mission is to provide quality instruction in academics, enrichment, and test prep that is deliberately intertwined with lessons in metacognition, executive functions, and interpersonal skills. Our highly educated and experienced tutors provide effective lessons to help our students grow into confident and independent lifelong learners who become competent and conscious leaders. We teach our students how to be agents of change in their own lives and the lives of those around them - so that they no longer “need” a tutor.
What you’ll do (Choose ONE)...
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN:
- Design digital art images for the website
- Create flyers and visual reports to appeal to potential donors, volunteers, & partners
- Create images and videos for social media & website
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN:
- Improve social media content to be more appealing to specific stakeholders (for likes and shares)
- Create Lead Magnets to help us build our contact list (for CRM) about topics related to education, equity, parenting, community activities/events, etc.
- Differentiate and post on each of the different social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & LinkedIn) at optimal times per week utilizing ContentStudio
CONTENT CREATION INTERN:
- Ideate and create content to appeal to various stakeholders (parents, students, partners, etc.)
- Compose regular newsletters about WWT’s success stories, future plans, and announcements
- Compose SEO-friendly blogs related to education, soft skills, and parenting.
What you’ll be learning:
WWT invests heavily in your professional development, helping you to develop skills that will enable you to succeed with us as well as throughout your career.
Key skill competencies you’ll learn include:
- Collaboration with the marketing team (including Social Media Manager and Content Creator)
- Hands-on strategizing and planning
- Design best practices
What else should you know?
WWT promotes from within!
After 3 months, there is potential to be promoted to other intern positions including mentor, manager, data analyst, translator, IT support, committee leader, website editor, bookkeeper, tutor, and curriculum developer.
After 6 months, there is potential to be promoted to a paid position.
- You are 15 years old or older
- You can dedicate at least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- You have reliable access to a device with email and WiFi and to a personal phone that can make calls in the USA
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.