Supplier Development Intern
Chemours is seeking a Supplier LifeCycle Management Intern to join our Procurement team! This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Procurement – Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Quality.
Chemours is in the process of developing and implementing a global Supplier LifeCycle program across all purchasing categories. We are standardizing our supplier information and documents and looking for ways to digitize. You will assist the project team and interact with leadership throughout the project, as well as help to develop an approved supplier database.
Location: Wilmington, DE or remote
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Term: May - Aug 2023
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in developing and simplifying end to end Supplier LifeCycle Program implementation across Procurement (i.e. research, qualification, risk management, evaluation, selection, on-boarding, performance, development, and relationship management)
- Assist in developing the approved supplier database via extracting data from business systems
- Digitize supplier information and documents
- Standardize meta data and key information for reporting/analytics
- Create standardized reporting documents to identify gaps, risk exposure and supplier performance issues
- Interface with executive, administrative, line management, and other resources to obtain relevant information
- Present to Procurement Leadership inclusive of executives the project status in a clear and concise manner
- Support to the Hiring Manager as needed
The following is required for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a Sophomore or above
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, Data Analytics
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
The following is preferred for this role:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations. Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours. They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship, Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018 and 2019—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa [OPT], TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible