Process Control Graduate Summer Intern
Chemours is seeking a Process Control Graduate Intern/Co-op to join our Process Control Technology Center (PCTC) team! This position will report directly to the Process Data and Control Leader.
As a Process Control Graduate Intern/Co-op you will work closely with PCTC gaining valuable experience through hands-on projects in our leveraged process control and data team. You will have exposure to real-time engineering work alongside other engineers to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom.
Effective engineering intern/co-ops will have the ability to communicate with impact, have strong self-awareness, and will be naturally inquisitive.
Location: Wilmington, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Preferred First Term: 3-month assignment between May – August 2023
Candidates must be able to commit to at least a total of six (6) months as a co-op. Two (2) or more terms may be required.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilize advanced data analytics to solve process problems as a part of an Agile team
- Developing predictive models using the full range of platform capabilities in Microsoft Azure
- Writing data preparation and analysis routines in Python using the pandas and scikit-learn packages
- Participating in data set design and statistical modeling discussions
- Contributing to team meetings and conference calls
The following is required for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a graduate student
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Chemical Engineering
- Experience with Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow and/or Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with Python using the pandas and scikit-learn packages
The following is preferred for this role:
- Participation in relevant activities, organizations, and projects beyond the classroom
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Experience with process control in particular Model Predictive Control
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible