Procurement Category Analyst
Chemours is seeking a Procurement Category Analyst to join our Procurement team! This position will report directly to the Senior Category Manager - Indirect.
As a Procurement Category Analyst you will partner with Senior Category Manager and his team virtual to perform a deep dive on a specific spend area using data, analytics and market intelligence. You will learn about Chemours business needs and how Procurement creates value for them. This work will develop solutions to optimize total cost in a given category of spend.
Location: Wilmington, DE or Virtual Working
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Term: 3-month assignment between May – August 2023 (Summer)
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform analytics on internal spend and demand data and external market data
- Perform market research on supply markets and competitive environment
- Build models to analyze should-cost, TCO and perform value engineering
- Share insights through impactful visualizations and presentations
- Expected outcome is to create a strategy and plan to optimize total cost in a given area of spend
The following is required for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a Junior or above
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in preferably Supply Chain or Business
- Strong analytics skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to gather information from a variety of sources to draw out insights
- Ability to create impactful presentations
The following is preferred for this role:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- PowerBI or Tableau
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service (for full-time internships only)
- Temporary Housing Assistance (for full-time internships only)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible