Responsible Procurement Intern
Chemours is seeking a Responsible Procurement Intern to join our Procurement team! This position will report directly to the Procurement Global Sustainability Leader.
In 2018, Chemours launched our 2030 Corporate Responsibility Goals, including a goal to baseline the performance of 80% of our suppliers and improve their performance by 15% or more. We are shifting our focus from measuring our baseline to engaging suppliers to help them grow their sustainability capabilities. This intern assignment will support our supplier engagement efforts by helping to develop a supplier sustainability toolkit and online resources to assist our suppliers in their sustainability journey. As time permits, this assignment will also review and help refresh our Responsible Procurement content on our external Procurement website to better communicate our approach and expectations of our suppliers.
Location: Wilmington, DE or Virtual Working
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Term: 3-month assignment between May-August 2023 (Summer)
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Researching available sustainability training materials and tools
- Benchmarking best practices for supplier sustainability communications and resources
- Presenting findings and recommendations to our Procurement Leadership Team for alignment
- Developing sustainability toolkits and/or organizing available 3-Party resources
- Working with communications to approve content and post to external supplier website
- Offer training to the Procurement Team to build awareness of supplier development tools
- Developing an Internal Standard/Procedure to document information sources and maintenance of tools
The following is required for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a Junior or above
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Technical Communications, or similar degree program
- Technical Experience Required – technical writing, business communications, sustainability
- Ability to work independently, results driven, collaborative
The following is preferred for this role:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Familiar with corporate sustainability programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service (for full-time internships only)
- Temporary Housing Assistance (for full-time internships only)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion a Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible