2023 Summer Intern - Product Analyst, US
2023 Summer Internship – Product Analyst, US
Internship positions are located at PIMCO’s Newport Beach, CA Headquarters
See yourself as a Product Analyst
Summer Analysts will work within the Product Strategy Group, a global team of over 130 professionals responsible for financial market expertise (both internally and externally), strategic business management, entrepreneurship and marketing for a wide range of PIMCO product lines. The internship aims to provide summer analysts with broad exposure to financial markets, product design / development and distribution, portfolio analysis, and/or client communication.
You will work with one or multiple specialty teams that focus on covering specific investment strategies (e.g., Credit, Emerging Markets, Alternatives, etc.) or conducting broader client portfolio analysis / optimization. Summer Analysts will gain a strong understanding of the business of investment management across market segments. Responsibilities vary between teams but may include some of the following:
- Market and economic updates
- Portfolio commentaries
- Client portfolio analytics / investment strategizing
- Competitor intelligence
- Client presentation materials
- Risk and performance attribution
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program will begin in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 – June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Product Analyst if you:
- Have an interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess a strong analytical skill set
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the ability to relay complex ideas clearly
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to join a high performance, fast-paced culture
- Are results orientation, attention to detail and strong time management skill
Hourly Rate: $ 43.27