Intern - HR / TA Associate
At DISH, hard work is rewarded with limitless opportunities. We’re looking at more than your education and previous work experience, we want individuals who are bright, energetic and ambitious. We believe the critical thinking skills you learn in college can be applied across a variety of business functions, regardless of your major. The opportunities at DISH will provide you with a potential fast track for career advancement. This is what sets us apart as a company.
Our internship program is designed to give you comprehensive experience in the fast-paced world of wireless and technology industries. With hands-on field experience and business projects, you will get an in-depth look at how our business works and where you fit into it. Help us build our brand while we help you build yours.
Our interns partner with teams across DISH working to drive our latest game-changing innovation. Our internship is a 10 week, in-person experience that is paid hourly with eligible overtime. Interns are given a business project(s) to complete over the summer and present their results to leadership and their peers. DISH provides each intern with a manager and a mentor to support them with the execution of their project.
All opportunities are located in Denver, CO unless otherwise stated.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As an intern at DISH you could be supporting any of our business lines:
- Boost: Redefining value and innovation in prepaid wireless.
- Dish Network: Providing TV entertainment and award winning technology to millions of customers.
- Sling: Innovating live TV streaming through choice and opportunity.
- On tech: Meeting the needs of a Smart Home Revolution.
- Wireless: Building America’s first and only cloud native open RAN 5G network to redefine the way people and things connect.
Below are some of the roles interns are hired into:
- Talent Acquisition Associate Intern
As a Talent Acquisition Associate Intern you will help support hiring across a multitude of business lines. You will ensure candidates have a fantastic experience throughout the recruiting process. If you are interested in recruiting, this is a great opportunity.
- Human Resources Associate Intern
As a Human Resources Associate intern you will serve as the first point of contact for all DISH employees. You will learn about various topics including: DISH guidelines, benefits plan and enrollment, paid time off, leaves (FMLA/LOA/ADA), immigration, employee communications, COBRA and retirement plans.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Students who demonstrate DISH’s core values of Curiosity, Pride, Adventure and Winning.
- Popular Area(s) of Study: Data Analytics, Marketing, Branding, Communication, PR, HR, Business Management, Recruiting, Business Operations, Organizational Science, Entrepreneurship, etc.
- Skills: Data Analytics, Project Management, Communication skills, Innovative thinking, Creative Marketing, Research
- Preferred skills: Data Analytics
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor or Master’s or PhD degree program
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Fully onsite at Denver
- Graduation Period: December 2023 - August 2024
- Attend mandatory orientation on: Tuesday, May 30th, 2023.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment screen including a transcript evaluation, reference check, criminal background check, and possible drug test.
The DISH Internship program offers a variety of unique opportunities. From meeting with high level executives to social events, this role provides many benefits you need to be successful both in your personal and professional growth.
Check out all the details on our student website.
DISH endeavors to make http://careers.dish.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
We pride ourselves on developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We are a true merit-based organization and work hard so there are no artificial barriers to one's potential success. DISH is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless.
Consistent with this commitment, DISH will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities, unless doing so poses an undue hardship on the Company, poses a dir