Engineering & Technical Services Summer Internship
Position: Student Intern, Engineering & Technical Services
Start Date: Summer 2024
Supervisor: Eddie Webb, Director, Manufacturing Services & Senior Engineer
Working under the leadership of the Senior Engineer and Director of Manufacturing Services at Marshall's Advanced Manufacturing Center in South Charleston, the Student Intern (Intern) will provide be expected to provide services to industrial and entrepreneurial clients to assist them in advancing their innovative products. The Intern will assist professional staff with completing a variety of technical tasks. The intern will be an integral member of an interdisciplinary project team and will participate broadly in a variety of entrepreneurship services, design engineering, and technical assistance with manufacturing equipment and software.
· Educational requirements: must be actively pursuing an engineering degree
· Experience working with coding & programming, electronics, computers, and mechanical systems is required.
· Knowledge of Computer Assisted Design (CAD) is required; with 3-D printing knowledge desired.
· Good mechanical aptitude with CNC and/or manual machining skills is also desired.
· Solid communication skills are a must. Proficiency in MSOffice Software is required, with a special emphasis on Word and Excel.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Intern will work in a team-based environment.
· Majority of work performed indoors with episodic outdoors work.
· The position will demand physical dexterity and mental acuity
· Maintaining a clean, and safe, office and shop environment is required.
This position requires a commitment of at least 20 hours per week, not to exceed 37. This position may, on rare occasions, offer work outside of regular business hours and in-state travel on a very limited basis. The position will be based out of the South Charleston Shared Manufacturing Center but may require occasional travel to other facilities in WV.
Interns will be paid up to $15 per hour for their service at a rate dependent upon experience. No benefits are associated with this position.