Estimating Intern (Summer 2024)
Assistant Project Estimator Co-op
About The Motz Group: For over 40 years, The Motz Group has been building fields and building futures. Our dedicated team is committed to leaving a lasting legacy with every sports field we create. We are high-performance turf specialists, focusing on field design, construction, removal, replacement, maintenance, and management. Motz has made our name by designing innovative and comprehensive performance-based sports field systems, tailored to the customer’s specific needs. We build fields from inception to completion with pride, professionalism, and the utmost integrity.
The Motz Group is a division of The Motz Corporation. The Motz Corporation houses three separate Business Units engaged in serving the natural and synthetic turf industry throughout the tri-state, nation, and internationally. The Motz Corporation team members are committed to championship quality, integrity, thinking like an owner, innovation, and self-enrichment. Candidates can look forward to a workplace culture centered on open communication, personal coaching, and tackling exciting challenges in a growth-oriented organization. As an organization, we are striving to double our size and triple the impact through expanding our teams and giving back to the communities in which we serve. As a Cincinnati Business Courier 2013, 2014 and 2015 Best Places to Work Finalist, our team members say a career at The Motz Corporation will energize, challenge, and reward!
Complete a three or six-month session between or in conjunction with college semesters or quarters working as a member of The Motz Group team. Under the guidance of the Chief Project Estimator and the General Manager complete appointed estimates and bid documents. Assistant Project Estimator is responsible for assisting with the delivery of timely and accurate project estimates to support the company’s annual sales and revenue goals. This position will provide the co-op student/intern to have exposure to the understanding the budget development process from start to finish which includes, but is not limited to planning, allocating resources, and demonstrating strong quality and customer service both internally and externally.
• Review drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Assist with preparing conceptual estimates for project budgeting by determining takeoffs based on design development drawings and standard specifications.
• Maintain files/database of working project costs as back-up for estimate figures, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact and surveys.
• Assists with establishing initial project budget and schedule in accordance with contract terms and conditions.
• Promote The Motz Group core values in all interactions (internal and external).
• Construction/design experience is highly preferred.
• Knowledge of construction elements (cost, process and procedures, scopes of work and sequencing).
• Ability to focus and be attentive to detail.
• Experienced user level of computer systems: Microsoft office software (word, power point, excel, projects, outlook), database and documentation control systems.
• Exposure to civil engineering and site conditions preferred.
• Pursuing a degree in construction management, operations management, engineering, accounting, business, entrepreneurship, or communications. (Minimum 2.5 GPA)
• Self-motivated and self-starting with a vision for growing the business.
• Works effectively independently and within a team environment.
• Fits well in our culture of accountability, trust, and fairness.
• Ability to quickly learn and acquire a thorough understanding of the athletic field construction business.
• Strong verbal communication skills; articulate; able to build close relationships inside and outside of The Motz Group.
• Strong written communication skills; experience with writing proposals for products and services.