Marketing Intern (Remote)
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.Are you looking to learn valuable skills, build your confidence, and improve your resume - all while making a positive impact on society?
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is looking for enthusiastic volunteer interns with a strong desire to build relationships with the community while forwarding E.R.E’s mission of strengthening the educational achievement of underserved students.
Internships with E.R.E. are a great way to gain experience in social/community services, education, entrepreneurship, marketing, and nonprofit work. Join us in spreading awareness and inspiring interest!
We are a nonprofit operating in Illinois and Texas that provides underserved youth with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills. Our mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth served, their families, and their community.
What you’ll be learning:
E.R.E. invests heavily in your professional development, helping you to develop skills that will enable you to succeed with us as well as throughout your career.
Key skill competencies you’ll learn include:
- Collaboration with the marketing team (including Social Media Manager and Content Creator)
- Hands-on strategizing and planning
- Design best practices
What else should you know?
E.R.E. promotes from within!
After 3 months, there is potential to be promoted to other intern positions including mentor, manager, data analyst, translator, IT support, grant reviewer, committee leader, marketing, content writer, website editor, bookkeeper, tutor, and curriculum developer.
After 6 months, there is potential to be promoted to a paid position.
- You are 15 years old or older
- You can dedicate at least 5 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- You have reliable access to a device with email and WiFi and to a personal phone that can make calls in the USA
What you’ll do (choose one):
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP -
- Design digital art images for the website
- Create flyers and visual reports to appeal to potential donors, volunteers, & partners
- Create images and videos for social media, website, newsletters, and more
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP -
- Suggest changes to our current social media campaign
- Improve social media content to be more appealing to specific stakeholders (for likes and shares)
- Create Lead Magnets to help us build our contact list (for CRM) about topics related to education, equity, parenting, community activities/events, etc.
- Differentiate and post on each of the 3 different social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, & LinkedIn) at optimal times per week utilizing ContentStudio
CONTENT CREATION INTERNSHIP -
- Ideate and write content to appeal to various stakeholders (potential donors, volunteers, & partners)
- Compose regular newsletters about E.R.E.’s success stories, future plans, and announcements
- Compose SEO-friendly blogs related to education, equity, and soft skills
We’d love to get to know you better!
Please apply HERE
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.